Ask-the-Expert is a budget-friendly service where you can get easy to understand answers to your basic business, web, graphics and general tech questions.
If you're frustrated, out of patience, ready to cry, scream or throw something across the room because you can't figure out how to complete a task, even though everyone online says it's easy, this service is for you.
- planning & time management (including business, revenue, product, project and marketing plans)
- general website maintenance, upgrades, add-ons and fixes (including troubleshooting issues with customizing templates)
- social media & content marketing (including newsletter services, customizing templates, creating and/or importing mailing lists as well as setting up automated social media posts)
- graphic design (flyers, infographics, use of software and online services)
- 1-on-1 tutoring so you can manage your own web & design projects!
How it works:
You'd be surprised how often a problem can be solved over the phone, but for those tricky situations where I need to see what you're seeing or show you how to do something, I am happy to share a desktop online or sit down with you in person at no extra cost.
Questions I've answered recently include:
- How do I add a new/custom page to my website?
- Help! I broke my website
- How do I customize a stock newsletter template?
- How can I set up automated social media posts?
I've also shown people:
- universal keyboard shortcuts for frequent tasks on PC and Macs
- how to use online and open source programs to create graphics
- how to do basic tasks with their CMS
- cool browser tools for screenshots, selecting colors, spell checking, grammar, and more!
Your cost will always be between $15 and $60
Pricing (This is the where you do the happy dance!)
All Ask-the-Expert services are offered at a rate of $1 per minute with a 15-minute minimum and a 60-minute maximum.
That's more than 50% off my standard hourly rate!
If your problem will take more than an hour you will be offered a project price based on my estimate of how long it will take to get you up and running.
Need a regular on-call fixer?
I also take a very limited number of clients on a monthly retainer. The cost is $125 a month which includes 2 hours of maintenance. Everything over two hours is billed in 15-minute increments at a discounted rate of $60/hour.
I've had people tell me they've wasted an entire week only to have me fix their problem with a few mouse clicks. Why put yourself through that? Not only are you causing yourself needless stress, YOU ARE COSTING YOURSELF MONEY!!!
I understand not everybody has the budget to hire a professional to build a custom website, set up their monthly newsletter or create a flyer template, but it doesn't mean you have to go it completely alone.
The next time your DIY approach makes you feel like stomping on your laptop give me a call. Chances are good I can either help you fix your problem quickly or point you in the direction of a better, budget-friendly solution. (HINT: MailChimp is not the best choice for a DIY'er with no code or design skills, but I've got a free alternative that is!)
For more information about Ask the Expert I can be reached at 603-264-0788 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Google Hangouts and Skype are my preferred tools for online screen sharing. I usually meet clients at Aroma Joe's Coffee, Panera Bread or Starbucks in Manchester.
2. Project prices vary depending on the scope and nature of the project.