Articles

#

By Pat Hammond

Above & Beyond Childcare

In this month's episode of Live from the Hive, we're talking about daycare with Rebecca Collins, owner of Above and Beyond Childcare.

Whether you're self-employed or work in a cubicle, day care is a big issue for a lot of parents and Rebecca is going to give us some insider tips for finding the right daycare provider for your family as well as some news about upcoming rule changes to the State of New Hampshire's licensing for day care providers.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

We don't all live in Manchester, Concord, or Nashua...

Even though the Queen City Buzz calendar doesn't often include events outside of the Manchester Metro Area, it doesn't mean they don't exist.  This week's sneak peek is taking a look at a few upcoming events in Keene and Peterborough, as well as some resources you can access right from your home or office.  

The Hannah Grimes Center for Entrepreneurship hosts a monthly group called the Leadership Circle.  According to their event page, the Leadership Circle program "is designed to develop business leaders in the Monadnock Region, offering them a chance to share their experiences, ask for guidance, and learn new skills."  The group meets from 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM on the 4th Wednesday of the month at the Hannah Grimes Center, 25 Roxbury Street, Keene.   The next meetup is Wednesday, June 28th.  For more information please visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/leadership-circle-tickets-26951423433?aff=es2

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Bye Bye Stella!

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm tired of talking about snow. At this point, my inner Jersey girl is telling me that it's mid-March and that means it's time to think about daffodils, crocus, and all those other telltale signs that spring is around the corner. With that in mind, I'm going to put my head in the sand and press on.

First quarter is almost over and in spite of the many snow days the last few months, I'm pretty close to reaching this quarter's goals. Heck, I've even started working on next quarter. I've been booking projects for May and June and it was a little scary when I realized that I had to flip a couple calendar pages to find enough free time for a new project. But enough about me. What's going on with you?

Are you where you want to be?

Is it time to rethink some of this year's goals?

Maybe you're ready for a new direction?

Or perhaps, you are exactly where you need to be and are on track for the best year ever.

No matter what your situation is, there are a lot of opportunities for anyone in New Hampshire who is looking for a new job, new business, or a new direction, all it takes is a willingness to jump in and try. For most of us, that means making a plan then making the right connections.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Anything and Everything

If you haven't seen next week's events calendar yet, you're in for a shock.

We have business, networking and tech events for just about any and every interest. How-to workshops for email, sales and marketing, business symposiums, open networking, information about franchising and entrepreneurship, public speaking and so much more.

I know I've been saying it a lot lately, but take advantage of these opportunities.

As small business people, we need to be visible and connected in the community and that starts by getting out and meeting people.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Anything and Everything

If you haven't seen next week's events calendar yet, you're in for a shock.

We have business, networking and tech events for just about any and every interest. How-to workshops for email, sales and marketing, business symposiums, open networking, information about franchising and entrepreneurship, public speaking and so much more.

I know I've been saying it a lot lately, but take advantage of these opportunities.

As small business people, we need to be visible and connected in the community and that starts by getting out and meeting people.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

It's no longer a matter of if...

Norm Gentry is what I would describe as a calm man who faces challenges with a smile and an enviable amount of patience, so when he came to last month's Coffee Buzz and said "I need you to to get the message out," I took him seriously.

Gentry is an IT guy whose company, SBTI Technologies, provides computer repair/maintenance, system backup, network and resource management, virus recovery and just about every tech service a small business owner needs. He's been in the business since Windows was new and he's tackled pretty much every tech problem a business owner is likely to encounter and lately he's been seeing more and more people coming to him with ransomware problems.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

No surprises here

It's the first week of September and looking at the calendar there's no a whole lot going on.

On the strictly business side we have Gold Star Referral Club on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 8:30 AM and Alpha Loft's Startup Meetup at noon on Wednesday.

Even the non-business activities are a little thin, but if you don't mind looking beyond Manchester the Meeting & Greeting in So. New Hampshire & the Merrimack Valley is definitely worth a look. Not only do they have the regular Tuesday Bowling at Spare Time on Maple Street, but they have a wide variety of events in and around southern New Hampshire this weekend.

Read full post »