Articles

#

By Pat Hammond

Sneak Peek - SCORE

This week's sneak peek at the Merrimack Valley Chapter of SCORE has five small business workshops coming up in September.

It's a great opportunity to get some information, meet a few fellow entrepreneurs, and ask questions from people who have started and run their own business.

Most SCORE workshops are $25, Free/Veterans

For information about SCORE's fall lineup, please visit A Sneak Peek at SCORE's Fall Workshops!

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Gearing up for Veterans Week

Last year Chris Pastrana from NH Business Show and I teamed up to honor New Hampshire veterans by featuring seven veteran owned businesses in seven days.  

We had so much fun and met so many incredible people that we decided to do it again.

The week of November 5th - 11th, Chris and I will be posting video interviews and articles about local veteran owned businesses. 

If you are a veteran and would like your business featured let us know.  I can be reached at buzz@queencity.buzz.  Please use "Veterans Week" in the subject line.

Top Business & Networking Picks for 8/13/17 - 8/19/17

1.  Coffee Buzz Networking - Manchester 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM on Monday, August 14th at Aroma Joe's Coffee, 2 S. Beech Street, Manchester
  1. Google I/O Recap: The Road Ahead - Manchester 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM on Monday, August 14th at Alpha Loft, 844 Elm Street, Manchester
  1. Present to One or Many from Greater Londonderry Business and Professional Women's Association 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM Wednesday, August 16th at La Carreta Mexican Restaurant, 44 Nashua Road, Londonderry, NH
Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

More Changes Coming to the Weekly Roundup!

Starting Thursday, August 31st local tech events will have their own weekly listing called  NH Tech Roundup.

The tech industry has become a key player in the local economy and the number of tech specific business and networking events, as well as tech training, workshops, and networking groups have reached the point that they deserve their own spotlight.  

As always, if you have a networking group or business event that you would like to share in the Weekly Roundup of Business & Networking Events or a tech group or event for the NH Tech Roundup drop me a line.  I can be reached at buzz@queencity.buzz.

Sneak Peek

In honor of local tech, this week's sneak peek is a new group called New Hampshire Robot Operating System Users Group (NH-ROS).

Robotics has grown well beyond the realm of kiddie toys and military applications and is now taking on prominent roles in fields such as manufacturing and medicine.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

This Week's Top Picks

1. New England B2B Networking Group 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM on Tuesday, August 1st at Cantella & Co., Inc. 10 Technology Way - 3rd Floor in the Cafeteria, Nashua, NH. Cost: $20
  1. Vetworking - Manchester 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM on Tuesday, August 1st at 1750 Elm St. Suite 103 - Manchester, NH. Cost: Free
  1. Concord Young Professionals Network (CYPN) Lunch & Learn: 12 Tips for Marketing and Efficiency 11:45 AM - 1:00 PM on Thursday, August 3rd at the Greater Concord Chamber of Commerce Lower Level Conference Room 49 South Main Street Concord, NH. Cost: Free

The last item this week is one of those only-in-New Hampshire activities that popped up on next week's calendar.

It's not really a business or networking event, but networking happens anywhere you find people and this one has the potential to draw a lot of people.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

This Week's Top Picks

1. Web Design 101 - Concord Public Library This 6-week program meets 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM on Mondays and Wednesdays from 7/10/17 - 8/21/17 at the Concord Public Library 45 Green Street Concord, NH. Cost is Free. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfc8e2wBE5Mc0dI6sCjpn35KPtsXcm_Ij6BP_CtvWAxm3yjsw/viewform
  1. MYPN: July Social Event - Manchester on Wednesday, July 12th from 5:30 PM - 7:30 AM Great North Aleworks - 1050 Holt Avenue #14 - Manchester, NH 03109 . Cost: Free https://www.eventbrite.com/e/july-social-event-great-north-aleworks-tickets-34838763680
Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Sneak Peek: Networking Fun in the Sun

This week's sneak peek is a nod to sunny skies and beautiful weather and our need to get out of the office to enjoy it.  

In fact, it's such a popular activity that there are dozens of events for every skill, location, and budget.  In case you haven't guessed, I'm talking about golf.

When it comes to old-school networking, nothing beats an afternoon on the links.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Sneak Peek: Looking at June

Before I get to this week's sneak peek, I want to mention an event from New England College called Connect The Dots: Mental Health & the Opioid Crisis on Tuesday, May 30th from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM at the Manchester Health Department 1528 Elm Street, Manchester. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/connect-the-dots-mental-health-the-opioid-crisis-an-interactive-panel-tickets-34477406852

When I was at the Exit Planning Exchange event the other day, Kyle York from Dyn said something that scared me. He was talking about a recent conversation he had with Dean Kamen and recalled that Kamen said the biggest challenge Manchester faces in attracting new business and new residents is the drug crisis.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Before I get to this week's sneak peek, I want to mention an event from New England College called Connect The Dots: Mental Health & the Opioid Crisis on Tuesday, May 30th from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM at the Manchester Health Department 1528 Elm Street, Manchester. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/connect-the-dots-mental-health-the-opioid-crisis-an-interactive-panel-tickets-34477406852

When I was at the Exit Planning Exchange event the other day, Kyle York from Dyn said something that scared me. He was talking about a recent conversation he had with Dean Kamen and recalled that Kamen said the biggest challenge Manchester faces in attracting new business and new residents is the drug crisis.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

More Sources Mean More Events!

Thanks to reader input I've added 8 new event sources and the Queen City Buzz Events Calendar has gone from active to explosive!

As much as I love the idea of finding more opportunities to network, a busy calendar can make it easy to miss something, so I'm going to point out a couple interesting events that are coming up in the next few weeks.

Highland Forwarding will be hosting a free seminar from the US Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security on Export Compliance on Tuesday, May 23rd from 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM in their office at 6A Kitty Hawk Landing, #200, Londonderry, NH.

Read full post »