Articles

#

By Pat Hammond

It's Time to Get Serious

Have you ever tried to find a business partner? Someone who shared your vision, had a similar work ethic, and the skills you needed to take your great idea from the back of a cocktail napkin to fruition?

I'll give you a hint, it's harder to find a business partner than it is to find a New Year's Eve date.

You might even say it's virtually impossible.

Networking events are a meat market. The people who aren't trying to get you to join their network marketing/MLM scheme are either selling insurance or looking for a job. Even if you luck into a carefully curated B2B event, there is almost no chance to find other business people looking for a partner or new business opportunity. Which is why I started the NH Business Partner Finder Group.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

It's Time to Get Serious

Have you ever tried to find a business partner? Someone who shared your vision, had a similar work ethic, and the skills you needed to take your great idea from the back of a cocktail napkin to fruition?

I'll give you a hint, it's harder to find a business partner than it is to find a New Year's Eve date.

You might even say it's virtually impossible.

Networking events are a meat market. The people who aren't trying to get you to join their network marketing/MLM scheme are either selling insurance or looking for a job. Even if you luck into a carefully curated B2B event, there is almost no chance to find other business people looking for a partner or new business opportunity. Which is why I started the NH Business Partner Finder Group.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Success Starts Here

Do you know the difference between people who fail and people who succeed?

It's mental fortitude.

The fast track to success starts with a can-do attitude coupled with a strong work ethic. That means no excuses and no putting things off until next week so you can lay on the couch and binge watch Game of Thrones.

The new year is traditionally a time for new beginnings and I am launching the new NH Business Partner Finder group on Monday, January 2nd, the first business day of the new year.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

The Exciting Life of an Entrepreneur

Being your own boss can be a great option in today's unreliable job market, but it's not for everyone.

On top of the challenge of finding clients, paying bills and taking on all those pesky chores that your former co-workers used to do, like billing, accounts receivable and marketing, you still have to find a way to service your customers and mix in enough down time so that you don't get burned out.

Join me for this week's edition of Live from the Hive as David Barron from New Hampshire Hypnosis and I compare notes and discuss the ups and downs of being self-employed.

Read full post »