Articles

#

By Pat Hammond

It's Clydesdale Camera Day!

Next Saturday, April 1st is Clydesdale Camera Day at the Anheuser-Busch plant in Merrimack. (http://www.newhampshire.com/section/newhampshire04#/event/6086781-clydesdale-camera-day?location=03301-concord§ions=all&date=today)

I know what you're thinking. The events calendar is already full of business activities, why is she wasting space with pretty horses?

The short version is that I was doing my weekly rounds of the local events calendars the other day and when I came across Camera Day with the Clydesdales I thought this was genius. You could even say that it's elite brand management.

I mean what is more iconic than a Clydesdale?

Budweiser makes beer which is, of course, a product designed for adults. But their brand transcends the adult only demographic. It has a rich history and the images they present to the public are cuddly and family friendly. (Anyone remember the Budweiser frogs?)

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Next Saturday, April 1st is Clydesdale Camera Day at the Anheuser-Busch plant in Merrimack. (http://www.newhampshire.com/section/newhampshire04#/event/6086781-clydesdale-camera-day?location=03301-concord§ions=all&date=today)

I know what you're thinking. The events calendar is already full of business activities, why is she wasting space with pretty horses?

The short version is that I was doing my weekly rounds of the local events calendars the other day and when I came across Camera Day with the Clydesdales I thought this was genius. You could even say that it's elite brand management.

Budweiser makes beer which is, of course, a product designed for adults. But their brand transcends the adult only demographic. It has a rich history and the images they present to the public are cuddly and family friendly. (Anyone remember the Budweiser frogs?)

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

And suddenly it's Tuesday...

I'm going to start by saying, yes, I do realize that it's Tuesday and I am suitably embarrassed and mortified that episode 2 is late. My only excuse is that sometimes, no matter how well you prepare, even when the podcast is taped, edited and ready to go, things go sideways. It happens.

And since there is no graceful way to segue, I'm just going to jump right in with this week's topic, crafting your brand.

When was the last time you thought about your brand?

Do you even have a brand? Would you be surprised or maybe even a little horrified to hear that you have a brand whether you've actively cultivated it or not.

Define Your Brand

Good, bad or otherwise, you get one chance to make a first impression and if you let people draw their own conclusions it's like playing Russian roulette with your reputation.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

And suddenly it's Tuesday...

I'm going to start by saying, yes, I do realize that it's Tuesday and I am suitably embarrassed and mortified that episode 2 is late. My only excuse is that sometimes, no matter how well you prepare, even when the podcast is taped, edited and ready to go, things go sideways. It happens.

And since there is no graceful way to segue, I'm just going to jump right in with this week's topic, crafting your brand.

When was the last time you thought about your brand?

Do you even have a brand? Would you be surprised or maybe even a little horrified to hear that you have a brand whether you've actively cultivated it or not.

Define Your Brand

Good, bad or otherwise, you get one chance to make a first impression and if you let people draw their own conclusions it's like playing Russian roulette with your reputation.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Time to update that LinkedIn profile pic?

Ten years ago just having a profile picture put you miles ahead of the competition, but today things are different. The job market is much tighter and companies are spending a lot more time online looking at how candidates present themselves on social media.

I know it's tempting to grab your phone and start snapping pics, but you only get one shot to make a first impression, do you really want to waste it on a slightly blurry pic of yourself in front of a bathroom mirror?

Earlier this week I posted Finding the Right Photographer:A Few Tips From a Professional from Jeff Hastings, local photographer and owner of Frame of Mind Photography. Hastings shared the current costs and what to look for when choosing a photographer for a professional head shot. Today I am talking to professional personal stylists and image consultants Susan Osborne from Be Image Consulting, Sharon Jensen from Embrace Your Wardrobe and April Arnold, owner and creative director of 26th on Hanover to find out their best tips for rocking your headshot with confidence.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Ten years ago just having a profile picture put you miles ahead of the competition, but today things are different. The job market is much tighter and companies are spending a lot more time online looking at how candidates present themselves on social media.

I know it's tempting to grab your phone and start snapping pics, but you only get one shot to make a first impression, do you really want to waste it on a slightly blurry pic of yourself in front of a bathroom mirror?

Earlier this week I posted Finding the Right Photographer:A Few Tips From a Professional from Jeff Hastings, local photographer and owner of Frame of Mind Photography. Hastings shared the current costs and what to look for when choosing a photographer for a professional head shot. Today I am talking to professional personal stylists and image consultants Susan Osborne from Be Image Consulting, Sharon Jensen from Embrace Your Wardrobe and April Arnold, owner and creative director of 26th on Hanover to find out their best tips for rocking your headshot with confidence.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Read full post »