Articles

#

By Pat Hammond

Networking Doesn't Have to be Business Cards and Cocktails...

This week's sneak peek is an eclectic mix designed to get you out of your networking rut and have a little fun.

Hillsborough, NH Balloon Fest & Fair 2017: This four-day event starts at 6:00 PM Thursday, July 6th with the Hillsboro-Deering Schools Hometown Night and annual carnival and includes the Osram Sylvania Night & Road Race 6:30 PM on Friday, July 7th, and Balloon Liftoff at 6:00 AM Saturday, July 8th.  The weekend wraps up with Hometown Parade Day on Sunday, July 9th.  The carnival runs all four days, balloons fly on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  Be sure to check the event schedule, there are tons of activities and events with plenty of opportunities to meet people and have some fun.  Cost: Varies by activity   http://www.balloonfestival.org/schedule.html

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Above & Beyond Childcare

In this month's episode of Live from the Hive, we're talking about daycare with Rebecca Collins, owner of Above and Beyond Childcare.

Whether you're self-employed or work in a cubicle, day care is a big issue for a lot of parents and Rebecca is going to give us some insider tips for finding the right daycare provider for your family as well as some news about upcoming rule changes to the State of New Hampshire's licensing for day care providers.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

We don't all live in Manchester, Concord, or Nashua...

Even though the Queen City Buzz calendar doesn't often include events outside of the Manchester Metro Area, it doesn't mean they don't exist.  This week's sneak peek is taking a look at a few upcoming events in Keene and Peterborough, as well as some resources you can access right from your home or office.  

The Hannah Grimes Center for Entrepreneurship hosts a monthly group called the Leadership Circle.  According to their event page, the Leadership Circle program "is designed to develop business leaders in the Monadnock Region, offering them a chance to share their experiences, ask for guidance, and learn new skills."  The group meets from 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM on the 4th Wednesday of the month at the Hannah Grimes Center, 25 Roxbury Street, Keene.   The next meetup is Wednesday, June 28th.  For more information please visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/leadership-circle-tickets-26951423433?aff=es2

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Sneak Peek: Local Chamber of Commerce

This week's Sneak Peek takes a look at the bastion of local small business everywhere, the Chamber of Commerce.  

One of the first things people ask when someone says they're having a hard time finding networking opportunities is, "have you tried the Chamber of Commerce?"

It doesn't matter if you live in a small town or a big city, all across America there is one constant when it comes to small business and that is the Chamber of Commerce.  With networking events before & after work, lunch & learns, and member spotlights your local chamber is a one-stop shop for all of your business networking needs.  

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Sneak Peek: Looking at June

Before I get to this week's sneak peek, I want to mention an event from New England College called Connect The Dots: Mental Health & the Opioid Crisis on Tuesday, May 30th from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM at the Manchester Health Department 1528 Elm Street, Manchester. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/connect-the-dots-mental-health-the-opioid-crisis-an-interactive-panel-tickets-34477406852

When I was at the Exit Planning Exchange event the other day, Kyle York from Dyn said something that scared me. He was talking about a recent conversation he had with Dean Kamen and recalled that Kamen said the biggest challenge Manchester faces in attracting new business and new residents is the drug crisis.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Before I get to this week's sneak peek, I want to mention an event from New England College called Connect The Dots: Mental Health & the Opioid Crisis on Tuesday, May 30th from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM at the Manchester Health Department 1528 Elm Street, Manchester. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/connect-the-dots-mental-health-the-opioid-crisis-an-interactive-panel-tickets-34477406852

When I was at the Exit Planning Exchange event the other day, Kyle York from Dyn said something that scared me. He was talking about a recent conversation he had with Dean Kamen and recalled that Kamen said the biggest challenge Manchester faces in attracting new business and new residents is the drug crisis.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Sneak Peek - Looking Good, Feeling Confident

This week's sneak peek is all about finding the confidence that comes from knowing you're looking your best.

The first event is the Dress for Success Fashion Show Fundraiser and Donation Drive from 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM on Sunday, May 28th at the Radisson Hotel, 700 Elm Street in Manchester.

Dress for Success is a non-profit that "empowers women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life." Tickets are $15 https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fashion-show-fundraiser-and-donation-drive-tickets-33646072308

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Sneak Peek - Networking with Food, Wine & Poutine!

It's May, which means it's almost summer and it's time to take a more relaxed approach to networking. This week's sneak peek events are all about hanging out, enjoying some good food, and meeting new people.

The first event is a Wine Tasting Party 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM on Wednesday, May 24th at XO on Elm 827 Elm Street, Manchester. This event is sponsored by Direct Wine Cellars, and according to the event listing it will be "a fun night out with great people, free appetizers, and a large variety of artisan wines." The event is free, but tickets are very limited. For more information please visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wine-tasting-party-tickets-34326591760

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

More Sources Mean More Events!

Thanks to reader input I've added 8 new event sources and the Queen City Buzz Events Calendar has gone from active to explosive!

As much as I love the idea of finding more opportunities to network, a busy calendar can make it easy to miss something, so I'm going to point out a couple interesting events that are coming up in the next few weeks.

Highland Forwarding will be hosting a free seminar from the US Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security on Export Compliance on Tuesday, May 23rd from 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM in their office at 6A Kitty Hawk Landing, #200, Londonderry, NH.

Read full post »