Articles

#

By Michael Geneseo

So… the editor you emailed didn’t immediately and excitedly promise a reporter in your office by noon to take photos of your new branch opening/promotion/check presentation/fill-in-the-blank.

Or worse, maybe you got the fade away. It goes like this:

You: Hey, did you get that press release I sent you?

Editor: … Oh, yes. … Yes. We did. Thanks.

You: OK. So…

Editor: Yeah. Yeah. I’m going to see if I can get a reporter on it. If not, maybe I’ll put it in the business briefs next week. Thanks.

*CLICK*

A day, a week, a month goes by and you scan the paper wondering, “where the heck is it?” That’s the fade away. It’s the same reaction high schoolers get when they send flirty texts to a crush.  Editors are the news equivalent of the class crush… and they get a lot of email begging for attention.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Here's this month's Ideal Health Newsletter!

If you were at Coffee Buzz yesterday, you know that Stephanie brought the dog but forgot her newsletters.  

I promised to post a link to the pdf, just click on the newsletter pic to open the file in a browser window.  

Stephanie always includes super recipes, tips, and info for healthy living in every newsletter and it's well worth subscribing.  

If you'd like to receive your copy of Ideal News each month, send an email to idealhealthllc@comcast.net.  Be sure to put "newsletter" on the subject line.

For anyone who didn't make it to yesterday's meetup, Stephanie also shared an exciting new product to help you manage your weight after you reach your weight loss goal.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Overwhelmed by Social Media?

Has anyone else noticed that the only people who think using social media to market your business is easy are the people who don't actually have a business?

Don't get me wrong, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest are great options for a budget conscious business owner, but they're not easy.

They require careful planning, a commitment to regular posts, and a willingness to engage not only with the people who follow you, but in whatever group or conversation you find your target market. And this all has to be done without sounding like you're spouting a canned sales pitch.

As if that wasn't enough, you have to block off time away from running your business for each and every social media platform you use. It's not hard if you have the time and tools, but when you're a small business owner there is never enough time.

This month's Live from the Hive guests are Stephanie Edwards from Social Wize, LLC and Graham Gifford from the NH Telephone Museum.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Overwhelmed by Social Media?

Has anyone else noticed that the only people who think using social media to market your business is easy are the people who don't actually have a business?

Don't get me wrong, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest are great options for a budget conscious business owner, but they're not easy.

They require careful planning, a commitment to regular posts, and a willingness to engage not only with the people who follow you, but in whatever group or conversation you find your target market. And this all has to be done without sounding like you're spouting a canned sales pitch.

As if that wasn't enough, you have to block off time away from running your business for each and every social media platform you use. It's not hard if you have the time and tools, but when you're a small business owner there is never enough time.

This month's Live from the Hive guests are Stephanie Edwards from Social Wize, LLC and Graham Gifford from the NH Telephone Museum.

Read full post »
#

By Timothy Hirsch

Prepare for the unexpected

Almost everything in life is uncertain and we should always prepare our families for any unplanned situation that may arise. Why everyone needs a life insurance plan is quite simple and it’s obvious when we look around at our family. Life itself is uncertain, and we need to be prepared for the unexpected. In fact, one of the only certainties in life is death. While many things in life are predictable, death is not one of those situations that we can predict. We see all too often families posting “go fund me” pages on Facebook. These are instances in which families were not prepared, not only by the emotional devastation but the financials aspects as well.

Sickness and death are particularly frightening on their own. Death is a certainty in life that nobody can avoid. What’s really frightening though, is if we are not prepared when this happens. This is the reason why every person should have adequate life insurance coverage. After all, we do not get life insurance for ourselves, but rather for our loved ones. It is one of the most selfless purchases that we can make for our loved ones.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Changes are coming...

Anyone who read to the end of last week's Weekly Roundup knows that I am making some changes to the Queen City Buzz website this week.

As I've said before, my goal is to connect people, information and resources to help build a stronger local business community and since Queen City Buzz has started to become the go-to source for local business, networking and tech events I thought it made perfect sense to open up the sidebar to post your events and promotions.

Starting this week, I will be posting events and promotions for Queen City Buzz contributors and friends in the right sidebar.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Changes are coming...

Anyone who read to the end of last week's Weekly Roundup knows that I am making some changes to the Queen City Buzz website this week.

As I've said before, my goal is to connect people, information and resources to help build a stronger local business community and since Queen City Buzz has started to become the go-to source for local business, networking and tech events I thought it made perfect sense to open up the sidebar to post your events and promotions.

Starting this week, I will be posting events and promotions for Queen City Buzz contributors and friends in the right sidebar.

Read full post »
#

By Jen Ryan

Please join me and my co-host Lonna Carter!

I am so excited to be collaborating with Lonna Carter. Lonna has studied the relationship between metaphysics, energy, and the human body.

Today, she focuses her work on reiki energy healing and helps people identify and heal energy blocks so they can enjoy more healthy and happy lives.

Please join us for a fun afternoon where we will share some easy techniques that you can use yourself in helping you with emotional and physical energy blocks.

Read full post »
#

By Jen Ryan

Please join me and my co-host Lonna Carter!

I am so excited to be collaborating with Lonna Carter. Lonna has studied the relationship between metaphysics, energy, and the human body.

Today, she focuses her work on reiki energy healing and helps people identify and heal energy blocks so they can enjoy more healthy and happy lives.

Please join us for a fun afternoon where we will share some easy techniques that you can use yourself in helping you with emotional and physical energy blocks.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Goodbye Stress ~ Hello Success!

Is it me or does it seem like the days are flying by? It feels like I just took down the holiday decorations and suddenly it's February.

How did that happen?

You know what's even scarier? Two weeks from now we will officially be half way through the first quarter and hurtling our way towards spring.

It doesn't seem fair does it?

Read full post »