Articles

#

By Pat Hammond

I am giving away FREE Hompage Ads for the entire month of December!

Starting December 1st I will be posting free ads for local businesses on the Queen City Buzz homepage. This is your opportunity to share a graphic link to your website, social media or promotional landing page, and it's completely FREE.

Why should you join the fun?

Instead of asking why you should take advantage of this offer, how about asking why not?

It's a win/win.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Are Facebook Ads Really the Right Choice for Your Limited Marketing Dollars?

If you are like a lot of small business owners, you don't have the time or money to waste on advertising campaigns that don't work. 

As promised, Brad Solomon from Solomon Strategic Business Development is back this month to talk about how to use Facebook ads to connect with the people who want and need your services.  

He's going to be sharing his insider tips on how to:

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

FREE Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday Ads! It was so much fun last year, I'm doing it again.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the goal of Queen City Buzz is to promote and support the local business community.

I started the blog because my design clients were struggling to find a way to connect with local customers, other small business owners, and the resources they needed to build their businesses. 

One of the ways I do this is by offering free ads for Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday. 

Read full post »
#

By Michael Geneseo

So… the editor you emailed didn’t immediately and excitedly promise a reporter in your office by noon to take photos of your new branch opening/promotion/check presentation/fill-in-the-blank.

Or worse, maybe you got the fade away. It goes like this:

You: Hey, did you get that press release I sent you?

Editor: … Oh, yes. … Yes. We did. Thanks.

You: OK. So…

Editor: Yeah. Yeah. I’m going to see if I can get a reporter on it. If not, maybe I’ll put it in the business briefs next week. Thanks.

*CLICK*

A day, a week, a month goes by and you scan the paper wondering, “where the heck is it?” That’s the fade away. It’s the same reaction high schoolers get when they send flirty texts to a crush.  Editors are the news equivalent of the class crush… and they get a lot of email begging for attention.

Read full post »