Articles

#

By Pat Hammond

A Conversation with Tech Guru Norm Gentry

"If you haven't planned for it you're not going to do anything but pay the money" It's a bold statement from a soft spoken man and it sends chills down my spine.

What would you do? What can you do if your computer gets hit with ransomware? What about the Windows 10 upgrade? Is it worth it? Does it really cause all the problems we hear people complaining about on the web?

Between security breaches, viruses and Microsoft's heavy handed upgrades the internet is rife with tales of tech woe so when I met Norm Gentry from SBTI Technology Solutions at last month's Coffee Buzz I jumped on the chance to pick his brain.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

"If you haven't planned for it you're not going to do anything but pay the money" It's a bold statement from a soft spoken man and it sends chills down my spine.

What would you do? What can you do if your computer gets hit with ransomware? What about the Windows 10 upgrade? Is it worth it? Does it really cause all the problems we hear people complaining about on the web?

Between security breaches, viruses and Microsoft's heavy handed upgrades the internet is rife with tales of tech woe so when I met Norm Gentry from SBTI Technology Solutions at last month's Coffee Buzz I jumped on the chance to pick his brain.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

"You don't have to wear the same thing, but you should try to coordinate." Local photographer Jeff Hastings from Frame of Mind Photography is on the phone with a client as I approach his table at Aroma Joe's Coffee shop. He is patiently explaining that coordinating outfits for a family photograph simply means that your clothes shouldn't clash. "You should try to avoid having one person wearing stripes and the other wearing plaid."

I try not to laugh as I drop off my laptop and go off in search of a cold drink.

By the time I get back he has finished the first call, responded to a handful of emails and is on the phone with an anxious mother.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

"You don't have to wear the same thing, but you should try to coordinate." Local photographer Jeff Hastings from Frame of Mind Photography is on the phone with a client as I approach his table at Aroma Joe's Coffee shop. He is patiently explaining that coordinating outfits for a family photograph simply means that your clothes shouldn't clash. "You should try to avoid having one person wearing stripes and the other wearing plaid."

I try not to laugh as I drop off my laptop and go off in search of a cold drink.

By the time I get back he has finished the first call, responded to a handful of emails and is on the phone with an anxious mother.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

When was the last time you had a massage?

This week's Live from the Hive guest is licensed massage therapist and local business owner Cathy Clement from Clement Massage and after talking to Cathy, there is no excuse for anyone not to be enjoying this affordable luxury.

As a veteran therapist with ten years experience, Cathy is trained and available to meet your massage needs.

• chair massage
  • table massage
  • reiki
  • reflexology
Read full post »