Articles

#

By Chris Pastrana

By Chris Pastrana, NH Business Show November 08, 2016

Welcome to day 2 of Veterans week! This time around we're speaking with John Elias from J-Dog Junk Removal & Hauling. John was awesome to speak with and his business is going to do great things. Don't miss this one!

Get more from John @
www.facebook.com/jdog.nh
http://jdogjunkremoval.com/

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Forget everything you thought you knew about ice cream

I recently sat down to talk with Mark and Rita McCabe, owners of Sub Zero Ice Cream at 495 Amherst Street in Nashua, and all I can say is we are not in Kansas anymore.

Forget everything you thought you knew about ice cream and franchising, this power couple brings a whole new energy with emphasis on

• Customer Experience
  • Community
  • Good Business

And it all starts when you come in the door.

As Rita McCabe says, "We are not your average ice cream shop," and she is not kidding.

With 50 flavors, 32 mix-ins and 8 cream bases, including two dairy-free options, Sub Zero Ice Cream crushes the idea of 31 flavors, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

They can accommodate most allergy and dietary restrictions including gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and nuts and every order is custom made while you watch.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

A Mobile Bar? Do they make house calls?

My first thought when I saw "mobile bartending service" was lunch truck with liquor and I thought "Wow, that is brilliant."

Tea and water are my standard work beverages, but there was a time back when I was a cube dweller when a quick shot at lunchtime wouldn't have gone amiss, so when I saw Kathy Torres' post about her mobile bartending business, Pour Me Bartending, LLC, on meetup.com I knew I had to meet her. Between you and me, that was the best decision I made that week.

The first thing I should say is while Pour Me Bartending, LLC is a mobile bartending service, they don't have a lunch truck and don't bring the liquor.

What they do bring is the bar setup and an incredible staff of experienced bartenders who will take the pressure off you so you can enjoy your event with your guests.

No worries about how to mix someone's favorite drink, how much liquor you should have on hand or what kind of mixers you need. Instead of getting stuck behind the bar, you get to spend your time dancing, socializing and eating with everyone else.

And if that isn't enough, Pour Me Bartending, LLC is going to save you a lot of money.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Why You Need a Personal Image Consultant

You've been dressing yourself since you were 5, you love those skinny jeans and there is no way you'd ever be caught dead in pantyhose. You have a clear idea of how to dress for comfort, but is it really your best look?

• Do you struggle to find the right outfit for business meetings or interviews?
  • Do you look in the mirror and wonder why your favorite top makes you look pale?
  • Do you wish you could just run in the mall and find the perfect pair of jeans on your first try?

If you said yes to any of these questions it might be time to talk to Sharon Jensen from Embrace Your Wardrobe.

In spite of what you see on tv (Trinny & Susannah, Clinton Kelly & Stacy London or even the exalted Tim Gunn), working with an image consultant is a stress-free process of learning the best styles and colors for your body and lifestyle.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

You've been dressing yourself since you were 5, you love those skinny jeans and there is no way you'd ever be caught dead in pantyhose. You have a clear idea of how to dress for comfort, but is it really your best look?

• Do you look in the mirror and wonder why your favorite top makes you look pale?
  • Do you wish you could just run in the mall and find the perfect pair of jeans on your first try?

If you said yes to any of these questions it might be time to talk to Sharon Jensen from Embrace Your Wardrobe.

In spite of what you see on tv (Trinny & Susannah, Clinton Kelly & Stacy London or even the exalted Tim Gunn), working with an image consultant is a stress-free process of learning the best styles and colors for your body and lifestyle.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Featuring 7 Veteran-Owned Businesses in 7 Days - Sunday, November 6th - Saturday, November 12th

MANCHESTER, NH - Did you know that more than 12%[1] of New Hampshire's small businesses are owned by veterans?

It may not sound like a lot, but when you break it down that's almost 1 out of every 8 businesses.

Putting this in perspective, you can't go to a networking event without shaking hands with at least one veteran.

NH Business Show and Queen City Buzz share a mission of promoting and supporting New Hampshire small businesses and they are taking that goal to the next level by putting the spotlight on the continuing contribution of local veterans.

In honor of Veterans Day, local small business blogger Pat Hammond from Queen City Buzz and video blogger, US Army veteran Chris Pastrana from NH Business Show, are teaming up to present an entire week of veteran-owned businesses in the Granite State.

Between Sunday, November 6th - Saturday, November 12 they will be combining resources to feature 7 Veteran-Owned Businesses in 7 Days.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Featuring 7 Veteran-Owned Businesses in 7 Days - Sunday, November 6th - Saturday, November 12th

MANCHESTER, NH - Did you know that more than 12%[1] of New Hampshire's small businesses are owned by veterans?

It may not sound like a lot, but when you break it down that's almost 1 out of every 8 businesses.

Putting this in perspective, you can't go to a networking event without shaking hands with at least one veteran.

NH Business Show and Queen City Buzz share a mission of promoting and supporting New Hampshire small businesses and they are taking that goal to the next level by putting the spotlight on the continuing contribution of local veterans.

In honor of Veterans Day, local small business blogger Pat Hammond from Queen City Buzz and video blogger, US Army veteran Chris Pastrana from NH Business Show, are teaming up to present an entire week of veteran-owned businesses in the Granite State.

Between Sunday, November 6th - Saturday, November 12 they will be combining resources to feature 7 Veteran-Owned Businesses in 7 Days.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

A Conversation with Tech Guru Norm Gentry

"If you haven't planned for it you're not going to do anything but pay the money" It's a bold statement from a soft spoken man and it sends chills down my spine.

What would you do? What can you do if your computer gets hit with ransomware? What about the Windows 10 upgrade? Is it worth it? Does it really cause all the problems we hear people complaining about on the web?

Between security breaches, viruses and Microsoft's heavy handed upgrades the internet is rife with tales of tech woe so when I met Norm Gentry from SBTI Technology Solutions at last month's Coffee Buzz I jumped on the chance to pick his brain.

Read full post »