Articles

#

By Pat Hammond

Love it or hate it, the fact remains the same, The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, typically referred to as Obamacare or ACA, has created a lot of headaches for sole proprietors, and with this year's tax penalty for not having ACA-compliant insurance at 2.5% of your household adjusted gross income[1], those headaches have gone from being a gentle throbbing in your temple to an ice pick in your brain.

• Premiums
  • Out of pocket costs
  • What is covered?
  • What has to be covered to avoid tax penalties?
Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Love it or hate it, the fact remains the same, The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, typically referred to as Obamacare or ACA, has created a lot of headaches for sole proprietors, and with this year's tax penalty for not having ACA-compliant insurance at 2.5% of your household adjusted gross income[1], those headaches have gone from being a gentle throbbing in your temple to an ice pick in your brain.

• Premiums
  • Out of pocket costs
  • What is covered?
Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

• Premiums
  • Out of pocket costs
  • What is covered?
Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

• Premiums
  • Out of pocket costs
  • What is covered?
Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

• Premiums
  • Out of pocket costs
  • What is covered?
Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

• Premiums
  • Out of pocket costs
  • What is covered?
Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Bouncing off the walls like a 6-year old hepped up on chocolate

As we wrap up the first week of the new year all I can say is wow. Every day this week has been a networking adventure and it's only week 1.

I started the week with the new NH Business Partner Finders group on Monday, Coffee Buzz on Tuesday, Millyard Networking and the Spanish Conversation group on Wednesday and that was just the tip of the iceberg.

I met so many new people this week that I'm in overwhelm. My phone is ringing off the hook. People are texting, emailing, and connecting all over the place and I am bouncing off the walls like a 6-year old hepped up on chocolate.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Bouncing off the walls like a 6-year old hepped up on chocolate

As we wrap up the first week of the new year all I can say is wow. Every day this week has been a networking adventure and it's only week 1.

I started the week with the new NH Business Partner Finders group on Monday, Coffee Buzz on Tuesday, Millyard Networking and the Spanish Conversation group on Wednesday and that was just the tip of the iceberg.

I met so many new people this week that I'm in overwhelm. My phone is ringing off the hook. People are texting, emailing, and connecting all over the place and I am bouncing off the walls like a 6-year old hepped up on chocolate.

Read full post »
#

By Pat Hammond

Step Away from the Word doc

As a professional designer I cringe when a client says that they use Word when they need to build an event flyer, and no, it has nothing to do with being a design snob.

No really, I'm serious. I'm not an Adobe groupie. I'll admit to a lingering addiction to Adobe Photoshop, but for most things if a program is relatively user friendly, low cost and does what I need it to do then I'm more than happy to try it.

Word does not meet that criteria. It is not cheap, not user friendly and beyond the scope of word processing it rarely does what you need it to do.

Don't bother to pound me with hate mail, my experience with Word stands on it's own. It's fickle and quirky and no matter how easy you think it is, using Word for anything other than it's original purpose is a crapshoot.

Having said that I understand the appeal.

When you're a small business owner on a tight budget you don't have the time or money to learn the ins and outs of an expensive graphic design program, so today I'm talking about the pros and cons of using an online app called Canva (www.canva.com) to make graphic documents like flyers and social media covers.

Read full post »